This nutrient-packed salad makes a great appetizer, side dish or vegetarian entree! It’s packed with fiber and vitamin C. Boost the fiber even more by using whole wheat couscous (available at health food stores).
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 16-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped or 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- Mix cooked couscous and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and spices. Pour over salad and toss well.
Yield: 7 cups (serving size: 1 cup).
Appropriate for the following diets: healthy family, vegetarian, healthy heart, diabetes, lactose intolerant, allergy (egg free)
Menu Ideas: Serve 1 or 2 cups over a bed of mixed greens for a great vegetarian entree. Serve on the side of grilled chicken or fish for refreshing summertime meal.
There exist something about hgh releasers, which will greatly assist you get much advantages as control ageing.